Valentine’s Day! Cheesy or not, it is undoubtedly a great opportunity to draw attention and drive sales to your store. We gathered a number of ideas that will elevate the mood and -more importantly- help you monetize!
- Introduce a new product specially timed for Valentine’s Day! Surprise your customers, keep them on their toes and they will be loyal followers.
- You could decorate your store so that it will be in tune with Valentine’s Day. Use our Special Occasion decorations in the Designer and pick the Hearts theme that fit your store and products best.
- For a more apparent transformation, upload heart banners or pink/red background to totally transform the look of your store. From teddy bears to roses to hearts or chocolate bonbons, you name it. Make it fun and full of love!
- Set free shipping for Valentine’s Day– offer free shipping either above a certain amount or for every order and your buyers will be standing in a virtual line to grab the goodies from your store!
- Create special Valentine’s Day discounts to boost sales! Create discount for certain products or for a certain category or more, as you wish. Discounts are always welcome so grab every opportunity to offer your products at a lower rate and attract and keep the attention of potential buyers and turn them into buyers.
- You could take a creative twist on this and offer discount only on your products that are pink or red colored, for instance, or that are meant for couples.
- Wrap your products in funny Valentine’s wrapping paper to surprise your buyers when they receive their products. Guaranteed way to bring a smile on their faces and keep them talking about your brand to other people!
- You could also include a small love themed gift in every order, either a heart sticker or a small drawing, let your imagination soar!
- Hide a hand-written short letter into the orders before you ship them off, and thank them for buying from you and wish them lots of love. A small gesture will guarantee that they will remember you! Include a heart under your signatures or dot your i’s with hearts in your emails just for fun. It’s funny!
- Valentine’s Day Contest or Giveaways are also a great take on the love theme and you can gather subscribers for your store’s newsletter at the same time.
- Don’t forget to create a special hashtag if you plan to initiate a social media campaign, something like #allyouneedislove or #loveyourselffirst that is fun and easy to remember. Come up with something creative that your followers will appreciate! Being fun and witty is the way to go!
- Send Valentine’s Day newsletter to your subscribers and tell them all about sales, new products, special shipping costs, either at a lower rate or free shipping for this period, discounts for products or for a bundle of products for couples or products “for her” or “for him”, include tutorials, recipes for pies or champagne punch, anything you can think of that is relevant and valuable content-wise for your readers, include them all in! They will be inspired and will be grateful for the valuable content you provided them with.
Tell us all about how your Valentine’s Day campaign went or add your tips to our list, on email@example.com !