Addressing the local people and having a personal relationship with your buyers is essential for getting your message across and establishing your brand’s name. However, because you are selling online, you can think big. Online means not just local but also worldwide.
Attracting and growing your customer pool is an amazing opportunity for your store’s visibility and your sales can skyrocket at the same time. Here are our tips on achieving just that:
- The first and most important step of being accessible worldwide is to make yourself understandable worldwide. Think in terms of language. Which area are you targeting? What is the dominant language there? We suggest that you use English among the first -if not the very first- option, since that is one of the main lingua francas of the world today, lingua franca meaning a language that non-native English speakers use as a common denominator in their communication.
- Research the international market. Some of your products might become incredibly popular due to their uniqueness and “exotic” touch. Look into the trends that dominate certain countries and target them directly. You would be surprised to see the difference in preferences of different cultures and areas.
- Emphasize why your products are interesting and captivating. Did you learn that craft from your great-grandmother? Is that craft specific to a certain area? Is there a myth or legend surrounding it or the materials you use? Highlight these and see curious buyers roll in.
- Vest or undershirt? Trainers or sneakers? Swimming costume or bathing suit? Get familiar with the differences of American and British English, as these can make all the difference in the world when you are trying to use hashtags.
- Use the Shipping App from the Shoptsie Apps and indicate that you ship worldwide. There is no use of advertising yourself globally if buyers can’t actually get their orders. So get on the global shipping bandwagon!
- Consider providing free shipping worldwide, above a certain price range. Free is always catchy and attractive and with minimal investment into shipping at first, you can increase your sales tenfold on the long term.
- Research the price of similar products in the target country and offer it with some seasonal discount or special occasion discount. Encourage customers to choose you instead of their local shops.
- Use PayPal or credit card payment like 2Checkout to assure international transactions and be accessible to people worldwide.