Promote your store on Facebook and Twitter. Social media platforms are an important way for businesses, especially online businesses, to market themselves. Start an account and encourage people to “like” and “share” your store’s page to spread the word.
Instagram is world’s most rapidly growing social network with highly engaged audience that is great for selling fashion items, handmade goods and products for home.
- Offer incentives for customers to promote your store. You could offer a discount or a free giveaway for those who participate.
- Be sure to keep the accounts up to date with information on new products and deals.
Start a blog. Pairing your products with expert knowledge is a great way to attract more people to your site. If your product is fashion-related, start a style blog that features some of your products from time to time. Find a way to participate in online conversations related to the product you are selling.
- Some all-inclusive services offer a blog feature as part of your “storefront.”
- Feature other companies’ products on your blog, and ask them to feature yours in return. This is a common practice among small online vendors.
- Send samples of your product to prominent bloggers or websites that do product reviews.
- Do guest posts on other people’s blogs. For example, if you’re selling homemade cookie mix, debut your product on a prominent baking blog.
Email customers about promotions. Use an email program like MailChimp to organize customer email addresses and send well-formatted email blasts informing customers about special deals. Don’t abuse this method of getting in touch with customers, though – they may end up unsubscribing if you send emails too often.