The Alexa.com site deals with the estimation of the traffic and the ranking of the websites and it lists YouTube on the third place (source: alexa.com). Keeping this in mind, YouTube is a powerful tool that helps increase traffic and sells on your Shoptsie online store.
How will a YouTube video help me sell my products?
1. One of the biggest advantages of YouTube is that the uploaded videos appear on Google as well as among the YouTube search and these same videos can also be embedded into the description of your web shop as well.
2. Show your products. Make a video showcasing a product you would like to promote, but when uploading the video, please keep the following in mind:
- The title of the video- can be the name of the product. If the title will not be the name of the product, be careful and find a title made up of keywords that will facilitate finding the video.
- Make reference to the web address of the product- very important to mention the web address reference of the product presented. This helps visitors find your products and also aids the search optimization.
- Labels- you can use the labels given when uploading the product. If you choose not to use these, it is very important to choose labels that describe your product.
- Reference embedded into the video- at the end of the video presenting the product, make sure the name of your web shop appears and so if the visitors won’t read the description of the video, they will still find your web shop.
Now that you know what type of content you should share on YouTube, let us see how you can produce these videos.
Online video editors:
Desktop video editors
To get started uploading videos on YouTube, follow the steps below
- Sign into YouTube. If you don’t have Youtube account create one.
- Click the Upload button at the top of the page.
- Before you start uploading the video you can chose the video privacy settings.
- Select the video you’d like to upload from your computer.
- As the video is uploading you can edit both the basic information and the advanced settings of the video.
- Click Publish to finish uploading a public video to YouTube.
- If you haven’t clicked Publish, your video won’t be viewable by other people. You can always publish your video at a later time in your Video Manager.
Once the upload is completed Youtube will send you an email to notify you that your video is done uploading and processing. You can then forward that email to friends or family for easy sharing.