Pinterest is a search engine and a social media all wrapped into one, and it greatly combines the advantages of both of these two things. It is an incredibly popular social media and we believe it to be a visual delight and an endless source of inspiration as well. It is a must-have tool when trying to sell online, so get on board and make the most of it!
Let’s see why you should use it to boost your online store:
- The good thing about Pinterest is that it is accessible on mobile devices as well, so people can find the account of your brand on any device they might be using.
- The category-based search system allows for refined filtering and therefore, for a more focused search result.
- The “Pin it” button allows you to gather and save inspiration into your boards from practically anywhere online and it is a great way to develop a taste for the tasteful.
- When creating a Pinterest account for your brand, make sure you don’t pin just your own products. Have thematic boards for a better transparency and try to organize your pins into different boards based on what they relate to.
- Having a Pinterest account and promoting your brand and your products obviously can’t happen without actually pinning your own stuff. However, don’t go overboard. Try to attract visitors and followers with your exquisite taste in visual imagery rather than with aggressive marketing.
- Think in terms of visual appeal– what looks good next to that image? Think of it as a map of beauty. Use that space for recreation and inspiration, where your visitors come and get inspired by the sequence of pins, by the shades and colors, by the collage that has their mind think and remember and make associations with previously seen pins and images.
- Allow your Pinterest followers to pin into a wishlist board– a great source of inspiration for you, you see what they would like to see next and what they would be interested to buy from you next.
- Create boards for your followers, not just for yourself- think in terms of interest. What do your followers/potential buyers are interested in?
- Set the trend for upcoming products- show previews and teasers for products to come and attract their interest and attention
- Attract followers to your Pinterest- guide them from your other social media profiles by posting your Pinterest content and see your number of followers go up!
Got a question or have an idea? Let us know what you think in the comments section below!