Similarly to Facebook, LinkedIn is also a social network, except here you are not searching for friends but establish business relations. The bigger your network of contacts, the more the indirect sales.
How to build your network of contacts:
- After signing into your LinkedIn account, choose the “Add connections” menu on the top right side of the screen. This option searches among your given e-mail addresses and makes suggestions for you to get in contact with
- For sure you have received cards from friends and partners. It is time to look these up and add each of them
- You can meet business partners in your daily routine as well. If you manage to establish good business relations, get in touch with them
- Search for and join LinkedIn groups that mirror your business interest. It is very important to avoid spamming. If you share information that this group does not tolerate, there is a high chance they will ban you from the group. Make comments on the group activities systematically, show them that you are good at what you do and with time this group will lead to business result.
Let’s see exactly what information you should share:
- Share your products.
- Spend a bit of time searching for content that you find useful for the people in your contacts network. These can come from various sources, like web pages or blogs.
- In case you are also writing a blog or online documentation about your products, make sure to share this from time to time.
It is extremely important to contact people who you have a real connection with. Don’t waste your time on people who have just recently joined and haven’t signed in for months.
You don’t have a LinkedIn account yet? Join!