Interaction leading to data gathering
We are committed to ensuring that the privacy of personal data is protected. This statement will apply to you depending on the type of contact we have with you. We gather data on three groups,
- I. the viewer of our website in which our services are described,
- II. our Customer signs up to our Services whether subscribing or accessing ourServices for free
- III. people purchasing products through our Customers' Website ("Buyers").
Where you are merely reviewing our Services we will normally only gather data indirectly but might also do so directly if you engage with us on social media for example.
Where you are our Customer we will gather data indirectly and directly
Where you are a Buyer we will gather data only in so far as it is necessary to provide Services to our Customers and our Customer remains the data controller who is responsible for deciding how your data is used by us.
What we might collect
We might collect the following types of information:
- identification of your past and current visits by finding and using cookies residing on your machine
- name, personal/billing address and delivery address if different, telephone number, email address
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- contact information about Buyers where it is relevant to billing our Customers or the running of a contest or offer by our Customer's where it is necessary for us to process that data in order that our Customer can offer you that service
Indirect Information Gathering
You can choose to accept or decline cookies from this website though in doing so you may not be able to access this website nor services we offer through it.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your device when you visit a website. The file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular page. Cookies help us provide you with a better website by tailoring the website operations to your needs and to respond to you as an individual user such as identifying which pages you find useful and which you do not.
Such a cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Note also that third party cookies might be downloaded onto your device as a result of your use of this website, for example if you were to send information to or from this website to your social media account your account may require the use of such cookies to enable this transfer to take place. These cookies are not under our control and we disclaim any responsibility for the acts of third party cookies.
We use traffic analysis techniques such as Google analytics, Mouse Flow and Social media conversion analysis cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and does not identify you individually.
Direct Information Gathering
We will be gathering information about you personally either as registration records or as cookies if you wish to make purchase using our system, register with us, log in or to post comments on this website or via our social media accounts advertised on our website as well as those that are necessary for this website to function to the fullest extent in the way described to you. Some cookies are not essential but help this website to remember you when you visit us again and thereby increase the efficiency of your next visit.
Posting Comments & Social Media
Please note that if you choose to post comments on this website or via our social media accounts containing personal data we cannot accept responsibility for the use of misuse of such data by others who have access to such posts and we suggest that you consider carefully before posting any such data. Please note that we may review tracking data generated by social media providers such as Facebook for measuring how useful our social media presence is for you.
By accessing this website or signing up for our Services you agree to the reasonable processing of your personal data by us for the purposes of providing you with the services you request.
We obtain your consent to the processing of information about you. Consent for the direct purpose for which you supply your data will be inferred from the above scenarios in which you give this information. For example if you register with us you will necessarily be supplying us information against which we can identify you at future log ins.
However in respect of taking your personal contact information from you for the purposes of direct marketing our products to you or sharing your data with others we will give you the option of not accepting such use.
In those instances we will hold information showing that you have made such an election.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our Services
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- If you register with us we will use your information to assist you with using our Services including sending you newsletters and surveys, describing marketing services we offer, how you can make use of other features associated with our Services and about new features as they are introduced.
- Information concerning Buyers will not be used to contact them rather the data may be used in conjunction with billing and functionality to assist our Customers in making offers and competitions available to you; when doing so we will do so as requested by our Customers.
We may ask third party providers to assist us with these functions however they do so on our behalf.
The information we hold about you may be stored outside the European Economic Area in order to carry out these uses.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
- if you are no longer registered with us, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- if your personal data is stored by us because you are a Buyer then you should in the first instance contact our Customer with whom you initially engaged who will be able to assist you with your query.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information for use by third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required to by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the relevant Data Protection legislation in force at the time. As part of your request you should indicate how you believe we came to hold your personal data. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held about you, please write to email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.